1. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the credit card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
2. A great tip to keep in mind when you're thinking about shopping online is to make sure the site is legit. You don't want to be giving your credit card information away to somebody that could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe for use.
3. When searching out the best price for a big ticket item, make sure to check the store reviews to determine if other customers enjoyed a good experience with them. Additionally it is a good idea to talk with the Better Business Bureau also. You want to be sure that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.
4. If you have questions while shopping, search for a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You are able to chat immediately with a customer service representative to repair any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can present you with a lot of reassurance.
5. Learn the online store's return policy. If you are considering making a purchase on an item that you might want to return, be sure you find out if returning the item is definitely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items can not be returned and you do not want to be tied to an unwanted item.