1. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases down the road, consider trying to get a separate charge card to use just for these transactions. It is easier to track all transactions when they are the only items listed about this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry about your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
2. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you might be able to score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
3. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, learn what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do a web-based search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your hard earned money.
4. Shop around while shopping online. You will probably find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from one store to another. To be sure you get the best deal, look at various stores to discover their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to get the very best deal it is possible to.
5. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.