1. When you enjoy the ease of frequent shopping online, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every couple of weeks or so, make up a whole new password for your bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for the strongest passwords.
2. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and see that as being a requirement, tend not to buy everything from them and shop someplace else.
3. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, find out what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do a web-based search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the hard way and lose your money.
4. In case a company has a newsletter, sign up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, deals and online coupons to people on their own mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only sign up for a company's newsletter should you really like their goods and would use a coupon code.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their own home page. Carrying out a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.