1. If you think that you will be making a lot of online purchases down the road, consider trying to get a separate charge card to use only for these transactions. It is simpler to track all transactions when they are the only items listed with this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry about your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
2. Be cautious which sites you patronize. It is difficult to know which are in the up and up and that are not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not make sense or the design seems off, go to a different site. Furthermore, if a variety of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.
3. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the cost of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a certain amount. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to fit into your budget after you've added everything in your cart. Possessing a full cart only to find out you can not afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their own home page. Performing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. Find out more about the payment methods provided by the online store you are interested in. Most stores provide you with the option to pay with credit cards or with PayPal. A charge card is a safe option only when the store has a secure server. If you do not see any information about safety, it is recommended to go through another store.