1. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
2. After you have found the items you desire, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free shipping. Many times several coupons are available. If this is the case, choose one that will save you as much as possible.
3. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes are often found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.
4. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you might be able to score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
5. In case you have questions while shopping, search for a live chat function on the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You can chat immediately with a customer service representative to correct any issues or answer any questions prior to buying. That can give you a lot of reassurance.