1. Once you enjoy the comfort of frequent shopping online, it's very important to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every few weeks approximately, make up a new password for the bank and the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for that strongest passwords.
2. If you like a web-based store, sign up for their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals inside your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to remain up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free shipping or discounts on certain products.
3. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the cost of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a specific amount. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to fit into your budget after you've added everything in your cart. Possessing a full cart only to find out you cannot afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.
4. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews to them online.
5. Transform it into a habit to sign up for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to your price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, it is possible to ask for a price adjustment to satisfy the new deal.