1. Before purchasing a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information about shipping costs, contact the seller to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. Be careful in regard to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, packed with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's safer to be safe than sorry.
4. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a reduction or some type of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Determine if there is a deal associated with registering for the newsletter at any store you want to shop at.
5. If you want to buy a used product online, learn more about the seller first. You should visit their profile and search for reviews written by other shoppers who bought products out of this seller. Do not hesitate get in touch with the seller to ask a few questions concerning the product you are looking at.