1. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL and it should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will make certain you have a safe online shopping experience.
2. When shopping online, it is crucial that you spend a little time considering the site that you will be considering buying from. You can get information about the web page from other sites and the Better Business Bureau. Not researching them can lead to you obtaining the products you did not order or getting billed greater than you should have.
3. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and discover that being a requirement, do not buy anything from them and shop elsewhere.
4. Be wary of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you are shopping online. You begin to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten in the event you went to the mall, as an example. Give yourself a limit and stay with it.
5. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that really needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and find one that has a better reputation.