1. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
2. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do a web-based search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your money.
3. A reputable online seller should have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you part with your hard earned money to find out if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't wish to be spending your money with a company that fails to offer.
4. When you shop online, you need to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to purchase online. Employing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal at risk of hackers. Make an effort to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never make use of a public Wi-Fi hot location to shop.
5. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes are easily found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.