1. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to browse the description which means you know exactly what you are purchasing.
2. Be mindful which sites you patronize. It is difficult to know which are in the up and up and that are not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not seem sensible or the design seems off, go to a different site. Furthermore, if a bunch of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.
3. An excellent tip to consider when you're thinking about online shopping is to make certain the site is legit. You don't wish to be giving your credit card information away to someone who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe for use.
4. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted an order detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
5. Shop around while shopping online. You might find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from store to store. To be sure you get the best deal, look at various stores to discover their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to obtain the best deal you are able to.