1. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
2. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, learn what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an internet search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your cash.
3. If you are looking at purchasing from the seller the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. As a general rule this will give you an approximate idea of which kind of goods and services you ought to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again should be given a wide swerve.
4. A reputable online seller must have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you part with your hard earned money to see if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't desire to be spending your money using a company that fails to deliver.
5. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you might be able to score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.