1. Search for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores usually have some promotional offers happening. If you do not find any information about current offers on the site of the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their coupon codes on discussion boards or couponning blogs.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
4. If you are looking at purchasing from a seller the very first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. Typically this provides you with an approximate idea of what type of goods and services you need to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again should be given a wide swerve.
5. If you're worried about whether a shopping site is legitimate or not, do some research about this. The internet can be a great way to discover other people's experiences with assorted sites. In the event the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can allow you to test out the customer service, shipping, and gain a feel for the company without risking a lot of money.