1. A reputable online seller must have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you part with your hard earned money to determine if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't desire to be spending your money with a company that fails to deliver.
2. Be extra careful when you search for shopping deals on social networking. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social networking accounts can easily be impersonated or perhaps out-right hacked. Get your information on the social networking sites, then proceed directly to the key site of the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
3. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
4. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as is possible. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general concept of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
5. After you have found the items you want, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free delivery. Many times several coupons are available. If this is the situation, choose one that will save you the most money.