1. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking at a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to look at the description so you know exactly what you are purchasing.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, find out what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do a web-based search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the tough way and lose your hard earned money.
4. A fantastic tip to keep in mind when you're thinking about online shopping is to ensure the site is legit. You don't desire to be giving your credit card information away to someone who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe for use.
5. Call the web company before making a purchase. If you have some kind of problem with your purchase, you want so that you can know that you could reach customer support easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you allow them to have your credit card information. Should you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.