1. When getting things shipped to your home which you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of merchandise. You have a straight to receive items according to the terms stated whenever you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Consult with the BBB for exact specifics and obtain what's coming to you fairly!
2. Be careful when it comes to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, packed with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's better to be safe than sorry.
3. To guard yourself use a credit card when you shop online. The government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the consumer is responsible for is really a mere $50.00 as compared to debit cards where the entire balance may be withdrawn by internet hackers.
4. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
5. Do more research in the online store you are considering before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will probably find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to adhere to online stores with an excellent reputation.