1. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes are easily found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
2. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Often online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you might be able to score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
3. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the credit card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
4. When you shop online, make sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This helps protect your individual information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted search for into your web browser's URL box. The web page is secured if the website starts with https. This stands for hyper transfer protocol secure.
5. Before buying coming from a new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the way it handles items like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look into the BBB to determine if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions on its business before you buy anything.