1. To guard yourself use a credit card when shopping online. The government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the buyer is responsible for is really a mere $50.00 as compared to atm cards where the entire balance may be withdrawn by internet hackers.
2. Take time to browse through different online stores to compare the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you should take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new items become available on a regular basis.
3. If you find a fantastic product on your favorite site, search for it in a search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't have it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars that way.
4. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, learn what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do a web-based search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the hard way and lose your hard earned money.
5. When you shop online, make sure the site you are on starts off with "https". The "S" signifies that the site is secure, which entails that you can safely enter your personal information without having to concern yourself with identity theft. In case a site lacks the "S" in it, you may want to avoid using it.