1. Be mindful where you submit your credit card information. When you find yourself shopping online, always use secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to protect your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS instead of the standard HTTP. There can also be a locked icon, either in your address or status bar, according to which browser you use.
2. After you have found the items you want, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free shipping. Many times several coupons are given. If this is the situation, choose the one that will save you as much as possible.
3. Should you be shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that requires this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and find one that includes a better reputation.
4. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials which are terrible so that you know what you're getting into. You ought to take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there is a problem.
5. Do more research around the online store you are interested in before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will most likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores with the excellent reputation.