1. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted an order detailing anything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Performing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. Do more research in the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from their website. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores with an excellent reputation.
4. When shopping online, it is crucial that you spend a little time considering the site that you are considering buying from. You will find information about the website from other sites and the Better Business Bureau. Not researching them could lead to you obtaining the products you probably did not order or getting billed a lot more than you should have.
5. When you are shopping on the web, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be asking for trouble. Some people have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on less than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.