1. When you shop online, ensure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will help protect your personal information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted search for into your web browser's URL box. The web page is secured if the website starts with https. This means hyper transfer protocol secure.
2. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have an issue. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll discover how helpful customer service is and how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have in the event that something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.
3. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
4. While shopping online, be sure the site you are on starts with "https". The "S" means that the site is secure, which entails that you could safely enter your personal information without having to worry about identity theft. In case a site lacks the "S" in it, you may want to avoid using it.
5. Always remember your budget and credit limits when shopping online. The virtual world of online shopping has gotten a lot of people in serious debt. You need to examine online shopping in a similar manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.