1. When you are searching for a place to buy an item and no results are most often from familiar retailers, you should be hesitant about entering your details. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, which means you know the retailer is not out to take your cash.
2. When searching for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as you can. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general idea of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
3. Get engaged in the social media of your own favorite online retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put a lot of money behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You generally is one of the lucky ones scoring these works with just a quick follow or fanning.
4. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a price reduction or some kind of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with registering for the newsletter at any store you would like to shop at.
5. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes are easily found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.