1. When you shop online, be certain the site you are on starts off with "https". The "S" signifies that the site is secure, which entails that one could safely enter your personal information without having to be worried about identity theft. In case a site lacks the "S" in it, you might like to avoid using it.
2. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by searching for reviews upon them online.
3. If you are intending to be online shopping, make sure that you get it done from a computer connection you already know is secure, like one that you have in the home. Hackers try to find WI-Fi connections in public places while they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.
5. In case you have questions while shopping, choose a live chat function around the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. It is possible to chat immediately with a customer care representative to repair any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can provide you with a lot of peace of mind.