1. When you are creating any purchases on the web and you are required to make a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of your e-mail or banking password to make a free account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to see this password, they could have access to more than simply your profile on the retailer's store.
2. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Often online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you might be able to score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
3. When shopping for a specific item, check several different internet retailers. Many times with a little searching, you save as much as 25 %. Look at many different websites to make sure you are getting the best offer. When figuring each website's price, make sure you include shipping costs to your calculations.
4. While shopping online, use a credit card rather than a debit card. This is because bank cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money in your bank account. If a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a matter of hours.
5. When you are shopping online, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Some people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on less than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.