1. Find out more about the payment methods available from the online store you are interested in. Most stores supply you with the option to pay with credit cards or with PayPal. A credit card is a safe option only if the store has a secure server. If you do not see any information about safety, it is advisable to go through a different store.
2. If you are searching for the best coupons, consider subscribing to the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up the very first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big desire for the brand, so the signup can lead to some phenomenal savings.
3. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases down the road, consider trying to get a separate credit card to use just for these transactions. It is much easier to track all transactions when they are the only items listed about this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry about your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
4. Transform it into a habit to sign up for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to your price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you are able to ask for a price adjustment to satisfy the new deal.
5. When shopping online, it's best to shop around to find the best price. Shopping online can make it very easy to get the best price for any items. While shopping around, make certain you only look at the prices from places where you'd feel relaxed buying from. Even if a value is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.