1. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
2. When shopping for a particular item, check several different online stores. Many times with some searching, you save as much as 25 %. Look at a variety of websites to ensure that you are getting the best offer. When figuring each website's price, make sure you include shipping costs into your calculations.
3. Before purchasing a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information about shipping costs, contact the owner to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
4. In case a company includes a newsletter, register. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, special deals and coupon codes to people on their mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only sign up for a company's newsletter if you really like their products and would use a promotion code.
5. Be skeptical of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you find yourself shopping online. You start to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten should you went to the mall, for instance. Give yourself a limit and follow it.