1. Once you enjoy the comfort of frequent online shopping, it's very important to keep changing the passwords you use for each and every account. Every few weeks or so, make up a new password to your bank and the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for the strongest passwords.
2. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the cost of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a certain quantity. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to match your budget after you've added everything for your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you cannot afford the shipping is never an enjoyable experience.
3. When you're shopping online you have to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by looking for reviews to them online.
4. Be mindful where you submit your credit card information. When you find yourself shopping online, always use secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to safeguard your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS instead of the standard HTTP. There can also be a locked icon, in both your address or status bar, based on which browser you use.
5. When you shop online, you need to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to get online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal at risk of hackers. Attempt to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never utilize a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.