1. Be suspicious of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend if you are shopping online. You begin to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten in the event you went to the mall, as an example. Give yourself a restriction and follow it.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. After you have found the items you desire, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free shipping. Many times several coupons are available. If this is the case, choose the one which will save you as much as possible.
4. A good online shopping tip to remember would be to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the two of you because you'll remember if you've experienced a good experience from them, and they can also gain a reputation as being a seller.
5. Be cautious which sites you patronize. It is difficult to learn which are on the up or higher and which are not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not make sense or the design seems off, go to a different site. In addition, if a lot of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.