1. If you find a great product on the favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't have it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars this way.
2. Be sure that when you make a purchase online, you are aware of if the site is secure or not. You do not want your information being compromised in nowadays. Identity theft is quite common, and you must protect your information in any way cost so you wish to keep making purchases online.
3. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews using their company people that have used the product can give you a good idea about the product. You might be able to find out the standard of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should create the purchase.
4. When you are searching for a spot to buy an item and no results seem to be from familiar retailers, you should be hesitant about entering your details. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, which means you know the retailer is not out to take your money.
5. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.