1. Ensure that when you make a purchase online, you are aware of if the site is secure or not. You do not want your information being compromised in nowadays. Identity theft is quite common, and you must protect your information whatsoever cost so you wish to keep making purchases online.
2. While shopping online, you should be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to buy online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal susceptible to hackers. Attempt to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never make use of a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
3. When you're shopping online you should be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by looking for reviews on them online.
4. Be sure that you're entering your payment details on a good site. Search for "https://" within the URL in the site that you're trying to buy something from. If you don't see that or no symbol of any website security, then it's probably a good idea not to trust those people along with your account information.
5. To guard yourself use a credit card when shopping online. The federal government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the customer is responsible for is actually a mere $50.00 as compared to atm cards where the entire balance can be withdrawn by internet hackers.