1. When you're shopping online you should be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by searching for reviews upon them online.
2. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. If you notice there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.
3. Be sure that when you buy something online, you are aware of in the event the site is secure or not. You do not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is quite common, and you also must protect your information at all cost so you wish to keep making purchases online.
4. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember whether you've had a good experience from them, and they will also gain a reputation as a seller.
5. Find out more about the payment methods available from the online store you are interested in. Most stores give you the option to pay with a credit card or with PayPal. A credit card is a safe option only when the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any information about safety, it is recommended to go through an alternative store.