1. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes are often found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.
2. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you could possibly score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
3. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a certain quantity. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to match your budget after you've added everything in your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you cannot afford the shipping is never a fun experience.
4. When you shop online, it's best to check around to find the best price. Shopping online can make it very easy for the greatest price for any items. While shopping around, make certain you only consider the prices from places where you'd feel at ease buying from. Even if a value is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
5. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the credit card statement is available in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.