1. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
2. Be extra careful when you look for shopping deals on social networking. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social networking accounts can easily be impersonated as well as out-right hacked. Get your information on the social networking sites, then proceed directly to the key site of the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
3. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to read the description which means you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.
4. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
5. Do not spend too much funds on shipping. Shipping charges can definitely add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free freight once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that lets you get free freight. Instead of paying your hard earned money on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.