1. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews using their company people that have used the product can give you a good idea about the product. You may be able to find out the quality of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their own home page. Performing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL and it also should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
4. While shopping online, be certain the site you happen to be on begins with "https". The "S" implies that the site is secure, which entails that you can safely enter your personal information without having to worry about identity theft. If a site lacks the "S" in it, you may want to avoid using it.
5. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to browse the description so you know exactly what you really are purchasing.