1. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you could possibly score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
2. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by searching for reviews upon them online.
3. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, discover what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an internet search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the hard way and lose your money.
4. If you are intending to be shopping online, make sure that you get it done from a computer connection you already know is secure, like the one that you have in the home. Hackers search for WI-Fi connections in public places if they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
5. When you enjoy the ease of frequent shopping online, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for each and every account. Every couple of weeks or so, make up a whole new password for the bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.