1. A great tip to keep in mind when you're thinking about shopping online is to make certain the site is legit. You don't want to be giving your credit card information away to somebody who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe for use.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. For instance, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store near you, you can look on the store's website and learn if they are available to be shipped to you.
4. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL and it also should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
5. Get engaged in the social media of your favorite online retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put lots of money behind their social media, and that includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You may be one of the lucky ones scoring these handles just a quick follow or fanning.