1. Do not spend too much funds on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free shipping once you spend a certain amount, or use a coupon code that lets you get free shipping. Instead of paying your hard earned money on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
2. When you shop online, be certain the site you might be on starts with "https". The "S" signifies that the site is secure, which entails that one could safely enter your personal information without having to concern yourself with identity theft. In case a site lacks the "S" in it, you may want to avoid using it.
3. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to some price you want. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
4. Check out coupon sites. Anything you want to buy may have coupons or discount codes. Before you buy something, make sure that you have the ability to take a few seconds and do a quick search. You could even desire to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Performing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.