1. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do a web-based search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the hard way and lose your cash.
2. Before buying coming from a new online retailer, perform some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the actual way it handles stuff like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look into the BBB to see if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions regarding its business before you buy anything.
3. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. For instance, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store in your area, you can look on the store's website and learn if they are accessible to be shipped to you.
4. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you might be able to score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
5. If you like a web-based store, sign up for their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals inside your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to keep up to date with good deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free shipping or discounts on certain products.