1. If you want to buy a used product online, learn more about the vendor first. You need to visit their profile and look for reviews published by other shoppers who bought products out of this seller. Do not hesitate to contact the seller to inquire about a few questions concerning the product you are interested in.
2. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
3. If you like an online store, join their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals in your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to stay up to date with discounted prices and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free shipping or discounts on certain products.
4. Learn the online store's return policy. In case you are considering making a purchase on an item that you might like to return, make sure to find out if returning the item is an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items can not be returned and you do not want to be tied to an unwanted item.
5. Learn more about the payment methods provided by the online store you are interested in. Most stores provide you with the option to pay with credit cards or with PayPal. Credit cards is a safe option only if the store has a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is recommended to go through an alternative store.