1. Shop around when you shop online. You may find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from store to store. To be sure you get the best deal, look at various stores to learn their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to get the very best deal you can.
2. Turn it into a habit to register for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know each time a product has dropped to your price you want. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you are able to ask for a price adjustment to fulfill the new deal.
3. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
4. In the event you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it may be worth it to sign up for their email updates which usually have special deals and sales. This can result in savings to suit your needs as you may get yourself a discount on the item as well as free shipping, which can add up to bigger savings if you buy from the site often.
5. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL plus it should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.