1. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the tough way and lose your cash.
2. If a website is not secure, do not make a purchase. Simply search for at the web address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" instead of an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your bank card information. However, if there is no "s" in the address, proceed to a different site to be around the safe side.
3. Do more research on the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from their website. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will probably find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stick to online stores having an excellent reputation.
4. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes can be found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.
5. Make it a habit to sign up for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to your price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you are able to ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.