1. Should you be shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that really needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one which has a better reputation.
2. If you are intending to be shopping on the web, make sure that you practice it from a computer connection you already know is secure, like the one that you have in the home. Hackers search for WI-Fi connections in public places while they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
3. Shop around while shopping online. You might find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from one store to another. To be sure you get the best deal, look at a few different stores to find out their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to obtain the best deal you are able to.
4. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. When you see there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.
5. Do more research on the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from their website. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to adhere to online stores with the excellent reputation.