1. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
2. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
3. When you shop online, be sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This helps protect your personal information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted look up into your web browser's URL box. The site is secured if the website starts with https. This is short for hyper transfer protocol secure.
4. In the event you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it might be worth it to sign up for their email updates which often have special deals and sales. This can lead to savings for you as you may obtain a discount in the item as well as free shipping, which can add up to bigger savings if you buy from the site often.
5. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do a web-based search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the tough way and lose your money.