1. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a specific amount. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to match your budget after you've added everything in your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you can not afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.
2. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials that are terrible so that you know what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.
3. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that really needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and find one which has a better reputation.
4. While shopping online, use a credit card rather than a debit card. This is because bank cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money within your bank account. When a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a point of hours.
5. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.