1. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, find out what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an internet search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the hard way and lose your hard earned money.
2. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as numerous reviews as you can. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general idea of whether or not the merchandise you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
3. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that really needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and find one which has a better reputation.
4. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews using their company people that have used the product can give you a wise decision about the product. You could possibly find out the standard of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should create the purchase.
5. Be careful in regards to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, packed with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's better to be safe than sorry.