1. Be careful in regards to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the web store is poorly designed, filled with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's preferable to be safe than sorry.
2. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by looking for reviews to them online.
3. Be familiar with the dangers of shopping online with your mobile device. Although it's convenient for a number of reasons, it does put your personal information at an elevated risk for eavesdropping. Public wi-fi and abbreviated URLs are much better to get around than conventional computing from home, so save your shopping fix for your safest conditions.
4. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually do that when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the web. If you opt for the first sale you see, you will find a chance you will miss out on a much better deal elsewhere.
5. A great tip to keep in mind when you're thinking about shopping online is to make sure the site is legit. You don't wish to be giving your credit card information away to somebody that could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe for use.