1. Before buying from the new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see how it handles stuff like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also check the BBB to see if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions regarding its business before you buy anything.
2. Should you be looking for the best coupons, consider registering for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up for the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big desire for the brand, therefore the signup can lead to some phenomenal savings.
3. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials that are terrible so you know what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews having a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.
4. Find out more about the payment methods available from the online store you are interested in. Most stores give you the option to pay with a credit card or with PayPal. A credit card is a safe option only when the store has a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is recommended to go through an alternative store.
5. When you are creating any purchases on the web and you are required to create a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of your e-mail or banking password to make a free account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to see this password, they could have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.